Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Drawing on The Right Side

About a little over a year and a half ago I decided to try teaching drawing to a few people in town. My first group of students met with me at the local cafe and I began teaching them from the Betty Edwards book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. At the beginning I didn't quite have my schtick down pat but I was able to create enough interest for them to reach some headway on their quest to learn how to draw what they see. Within that year I gained more insight into my own teaching methodology and was able to expand my repertoire of my ideas on drawing in general. I found that at the end of the class most of my students would tell me at the very least that they now can see. I have now realized that my goal isn't to help them draw better but to see better the world and all it's wondrous beauty taking a fresh moment to draw it in. This blog is for my students and others who wish to see creativity blossom.

For my students: Feel free to contact me so I can post your artwork that you have done through my class and your own creative journey outside of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment